D-mannitol, a kind of sugar alcohol, is also known as d-mannitol.D- melitol;Manna melitol;D-mannitol;Acid;Piperan mannose sugar, etc.A colorless or white crystalline powder similar to sucrose that tastes slightly sweet.In medicine, food, feed, life science research have a role.
D-mannitol is widely found in many land and sea plants, such as olive and persimmon trees.Also abundant in some algae and fungi, it is chemically reduced by d-mannose and d-fructose and clinically used to reduce intracranial pressure and acute renal failure. It's a very important essential drug on the who's list of important medicines.It is often used in plants to reduce osmotic
Food grade plastic bags wrapped in kraft paper bags.Store in a cool place.
1. Mannitol can be extracted from kelp or seaweed, but the method of electrolytic reduction or catalytic reduction of glucose or
sucrose solution is usually adopted.The following is a brief introduction.
2. Aspergillus oryzae fermentation
3. Glucose and fructose generated by hydrolysis of sucrose were reduced to a mixture of sorbitol and mannitol, which was
decolorized, separated and purified.
1. It can be used as sweetener, antisticking agent, nutritional supplement, quality improver and moisturizing agent.
2. It can be used in plastic industry to make rosin acid ester, synthetic glycerin resin, detonator (nitrated mannitol), etc.;
Dibromomannose alcohol can be prepared by hydrobromic acid reaction.
3. Sweeteners, nutritional supplements, quality improvers, anti-sticky agents, etc.With low calorie and low sweetness, it can be
used as a special food for diabetes and obesity patients instead of sugar. It is also the additive of chewing gum and hangover
4. It is mainly used as raw material for pharmaceutical industry to prepare diuretics, dehydrating agents, disaccharide
substitutes, excipients, etc.Food for diabetic food, fitness food and low calorific value, low sugar sweetener.Used in plastic
industry, rosin acid ester and synthetic glycerin resin, polyvinyl chloride plasticizer, explosives, etc.Also used in cosmetics
industry and toothpaste.
|Appearance||White crystalline powder|
|Loss on drying (%)||≤0.5|
|Heavy metal (Pb) (%)||<10ppm|
|Nickel (%)||≤ 0.30|
|Sulfate (SO4) (%)||≤0.01|
|Chloride (Cl) (%)||≤0.003|
|Melting point ( ℃)||166-170 °C|
|Residue on ignition (%)||<0.1|
|Storage||in the shade|